- Define the technical vision within your team and plan its technical roadmap.
- Be an Inspiring role model for your technical team members. Lead by example and influence product/business stakeholders.
- Be the champion of engineering excellence – Coding best practices, deployment best practices, maintain healthy code coverage, keep the codebase clean for better maintainability and security.
- Write clean, maintainable code. Practice and influence team to adopt best practices for writing software – TDD, Peer Coding/Review, design patterns, automated CI etc.
- Maintain a balance of iterating faster vs accruing technical debts. Maintain and be responsible for technical debts – plan for paying them back along with better product iterations.
- Strong leadership skills – influence teams without authority, collaborate with other teams efficiently.
- Contribute to other code bases or core application frameworks – maintain a healthy open-source culture internally in pickles engineering.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvements in teams – fail fast, fail often.
- Provide mentorship to engineers in your team. Be responsible for their performance and growth.
Nice to have
- You live and breathe in Node.js and Typescript, Cloud technologies and Distributed Systems.
- Strong experience in domain-driven design, especially tactical patterns.
- Good understanding of modern web technologies such as:
- React, Vue.js, HTML5, CSS3
- You know what CI/CD pipelines are and how to build them.
- You love RESTful APIs and you are exploring GraphQL as well.
- Experience in designing and building databases that support micro services with technologies such as MySQL/Postgresql, MongoDB as well as implementing caching with tools such as Redis.
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Familiar with highly scalable and distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience with building distributed tracing and logging.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven experience working in a multinational environment with agile methodologies (SCRUM, LESS).
|Location||Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Benefits||Medical Insurance, 20 days Annual Leave, Annual Bonus, Visa|